Monday, November 2, 2009

A Winning Photo!

I'm finally back! I know it's been almost two long months now since my last post...shame on me. But geesh, what a busy few months it's been! First, I was sick most of September (no, not with the H1N1 virus, but instead a nasty kidney infection). Then suddenly, it was October, which I'm pretty sure ranks as one of the busiest months for me so far this year.

I entered my first (but certainly not my last) photography contest at one of the local Oktoberfest celebrations, and WON 3rd place in the Sports & Action category! The winning photo is one of my very first photos taken with my Rebel almost a year ago. Personally, it's one of my favorite photos....and not just because my cute boyfriend is the model.


As you can tell from the photo, I'm very proud of my accomplishment.


In addition to the following photo, I also entered photos from the Code Blue post, Ulrika, My Love post, Sisterly Love in Beantown (the photoshopped portrait), and My First Post, into other various categories at the festival.


Stay tuned because I have lots of great photos coming this week---and it's my very first series posting! I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!

2 comments:

Liesl said...

Yea!!!! Congratulations!! I can't wait to see the series!

ErinsFoodFiles said...

Whooo! Congrats!