Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fall Back into Color (Purple)

This is the post that almost didn't happen, and I'll tell you why.

I had already taken the shots I wanted of the some of the other fall colors (i.e. brown/yellow, orange and red), and I was on the hunt for a dark purple tree to give me a good balance of bright colors and dark colors. I knew there was a purple tree near in the complex, but as I was walking around and saw it from a distance, it was totally in the shade and I was all bummed out because I thought it wouldn't make for very good lighting. Then, I snapped back into the creative side of my brain, and told myself that I needed to get closer because things always look different from a different perspective right?

Upon further investigation, I found that although most of the tree was in fact in the shade, there was a streaming beam of sunlight that was poking through the upper canopy of the tree, and creating a magnificent back-light, and therefore making these leaves absolutely glow! I was so excited, I felt like I had just won money (which is in no way what I have on my brain right now as I think about my upcoming trip to Vegas....yes, I know I have high expectations!)

I admit, I did a teeny-tiny bit of tweeking in Photoshop for the next two photos.
They were a little bit on the dark side, which I still really liked,
but just the slightest adjustment made a big difference.

If anyone knows what kind of tree this is, please let me know. I absolutely love the heart shaped leaves on it--especially with the red and purple coloring. I could totally see myself owning a tree like this someday......someday.......when I become a homeowner.

So there it is ladies and gentlemen...the second to last post in F.B.I.C. series.
Coming up....the series finale!! Oh the anticipation!!

1 comment:

ErinsFoodFiles said...

Gorgeous! And Kristen, there's nothing wrong with a bit of photoshopping! It's not always altering a photo to something unreal, it's improving. Especially in lighting situations like this. Just my humble opinion.